VFusionOS is a ZFS– and Linux-based Data Storage Software designed for businesses of any size, especially for Enterprise Software-Defined Storage environments.
VFusionOS is part of VFusion Systems which creates storages and environments for High-Frequency trading platforms and other mission-critical systems that require sub-millisecond latency. VFusionOS makes use of cutting-edge technologies like RDMA, PCIEOF (PCIE over Fabrics) and NVME.
VFusionOS is a very unique product that focuses on a compromise to create an Ultra High IOPS, ultra high throughput storage environment that is natively supported by VMware as a fabric storage with probably the lowest TCO in the market (other NVME fabric storage products like Excelero, E8, KumoScale are all Linux only storage systems that are targeting Niche markets for labs and research centres which offers zero support for VMware or windows and are extremely complicated to run and maintain).
- Extremely scalable – it can make use of any RDMA-enabled network devices starting at 25GB all the way up to 200GB.
- Supports both InifiniBand and High-speed Ethernet.
- The only storage system in the market that offers native support and full use of high-speed low latency Networks 100G and 200G per port.
- When combined with VFusion certified hardware, it can offer up to 800GB using 200GB per port fabrics and up to 400G using 100G per port fabrics in 1U and 2U form factors, while achieving up to 22.7GB/s single port speeds (connect-6 and bluefield) and 11.4GB/s on (ConnectX-4 and ConnectX-5) in Ethernet mode with latencies at an average of 0.3MS latency under stress and 0.075MS under normal enterprise level workloads.
- Supports multiple technologies within the same storage enclosure which allows for the use of any type of an industry standard disk whether it is an SSD or HDD.
- VFusionOS at this moment offers a built-in PCIE fabric plug-and-play technology which allows the system to use and connect to multiple NVME storage enclosures making full use of up to 320 NVME disks at sub millisecond latency.
- Supports Realtime data encryption and Decryption using intel Quick assist technology.
- VFusionOS does not use any Disk or enclosure vendor locks and is available as a Software-only license that can run either as Bare metal or as hyperconverged infrastructure.