Storage islands are distinct, separate storage entities with limited connectivity abilities due to their narrow specialization. Such topologies has several drawbacks:
- Inefficient resources utilization – hardware, network.
- extensive storagesetups using up much rackspace
- Suboptimal productivity.
ZFS-based VFusionOS mixes storage-tiers into one solution
- Complete all-in-one solution with bare metal operating system and advanced management features.
- Cross-platform with multiple access protocols serving SAN and NAS-capabilities: iSCSI, Fibre Channel (FC), NFS, SMB (CIFS).
- Flexible storage management with data organized into pools and further into zvols (for block-based storage) and datasets (for file-based storage).
- Efficient utilization of available storage with thin- and over-provisioning.
- Independently expand your storage tiers