A solution tailor designed to empower organizations to harness the power of software so they can experience speed and performance in a cost-effective way by leveraging SAS/SATA technologies in innovative and efficient ways.
This system is designed to deliver flexibility, elasticity, and simplicity with high end performance and resiliency at scale by combining various storage tears and different sorts of storage technologies in single storage fabric. In addition to delivering high-performance block storage with rich data services, Vortex offers simple yet comprehensive toolset for IT operations and lifecycle management of the entire infrastructure, helping automate infrastructure workflows.
Offered in a single node or clustered systems, designed to make ultra-high-performance storage available for business needs with no performance compromise, mixing an ultra-low-latency NVME layer of up to 720 TB to be used, for example, as a VM target or a high-performance storage target for transactional databases, Medical imaging files, AI and big data; expandable with SAS/ SATA (SSD or Spinning or a mix) layer that can be used for backup, archiving and NAS/ CIFS/ SMB.
Vortex NVME is expandable through any SAS cabinet supporting the SAS protocol up to a maximum of 2048 disks through cabinet cascading
Any combination of SSD, HDD is supported in this configuration
Benefits of adopting Vortex Standard
- Impressive performance in throughput
- Intelligent data reduction and encryption
- Software defined storage with virtually unlimited configurations.
- Plug and play VMware support.
- Easy online Upgrades in cluster environments.
- Protection against silent corruption.
- Active double head clusters
- No vendor locks.
- Supporting open industry standard
- Supports any and every SAS/SATA SSD/HDD combination
- Block Read cache copying Hot data blocks to NVME or OPTANE eliminating bottlenecks
- Integrates seamlessly in existing infrastructures
- No disk or shelf ordering needed.
- Disks and Shelves are transferable between systems as volumes
Clusterable adaptive single controller design to host a variety of storage and network technologies based upon your needs
Single or Dual Intel scalable processors: a variety of processors picked based on requirements.
up to 1.5TB of memory: Memory capacity is defined depending on customer wishes for a variety of operations including Deduplication and compression in relation to storage target sizes.
Supports Optane Memory technology: allows hyper-fast tier caching or storage target for sub-nanosecond latency:
- 8 Gb Fibre Channel
- 10/25 iSCSI
- 12Gb SAS
- Multiprotocol: 16Gb Fibre Channel SFP+ / 10Gb iSCSI SFP+ RDMA 25GB SFP28.
– Thin Provisioning: Allocate and consume physical storage capacity as needed in disk pools. Thin is virtual mode only.
– SSD/NVME Read/Write Cache: Increase execution speed of applications by caching previously read data.
– IP & FC Remote Replication: Safely replicate data to any global location that includes mirroring thin provisioned pools.
– Snapshots: Easily recover files after accidental deletion or alteration with Redirect on Write snaps.
– Multi-Level Tiering: Get great performance with less hardware expense.
– Volume Copy/Clones: Enable seamless volume relocation and disk-based backup and recovery with a full, replicated copy of source data.
– Encryption (SEDs): Render data useless to unauthorized users with drive-level encryption, even if the drive has been removed from the enclosure (internal key management included).
– Virtualization Integrations: VMware vSphere, vCenter, Microsoft Hyper-V.
– SupportAssist: Provides enhancements enabling automated maintenance capabilities
Disk Expansion enclosures
- 2U 12 x 3.5″ drive bays (12Gb SAS) Maximum 2048 Disks
- 2U 24 x 2.5″ drive bays (12Gb SAS) Maximum 2048 Disks